Get your Children Diving NOW at Mermaids
Why Children Should Learn to Scuba Dive in Pattaya
Children have a natural curiosity about the world around them. They want to know how things work, how creatures live, and especially where they live. They also have an urgent need for exploration. Your child may want to try their hand at SCUBA diving, or you may be an avid diver and want to share your love of the hobby with your children. Either scenario is great, because there are many benefits to taking your children SCUBA diving. Let’s take a look at five of these benefits…
- The younger people are when they begin scuba diving, the more comfortable they are likely to be with it.
- Diving parents can take their children on scuba holidays and share their love of the underwater world their family. You’ll have a shared personal interest and be able to bond in one of the most unique ways around – you’ll be creating memories which last a life time, dive after dive.
- Scuba diving courses take abstract concepts from physics, math, and natural science and apply them to the real world. Having seem many theories in “real life” when diving, they will become more critical thinkers in the classroom and better able to understand concepts to which they will be able to relate.
- Diving encourages students to care about conservation of the natural environment. Once they see the beautiful underwater world and all that inhabit it, they will strive to keep it a clean, safe place for their new ocean friends. It is likely they will become proactive in their community and teach their friends the responsibility of keeping our planet clean.
- Diving requires a level of personal responsibility as well as responsibility sharing with your buddy. Learning how to responsibly manage risk while diving is an invaluable lesson which they will be able to use in other situations. The buddy system further deepens children’s understanding of responsibility for and toward others as well as developing their team work skills as we’ll as their personal and communication skills.
Children and Learning to Dive in Pattaya
When learning any new skill it’s important that children do not feel overwhelmed and that’s why children who learn to dive in Pattaya are made to feel comfortable in the water right away. Their first dives will be in the safe and controlled environment of the pool before venturing out into open water.
Around Pattaya we have a multitude of dive sites which lend themselves perfectly to children taking the PADI Open Water Course. Our sites have easy conditions with little to no current, warm water, good visibility and sandy areas which are idea for practicing skills on without causing worry about making contact with the reef.
At Mermaids we have a highly skilled and professional team of PADI Instructors who are experienced in teaching children. They understand the need to make our programs fun and engaging for all ages, while maintaining a high regard for PADI standards and safety.
All Mermaids dive boats (and the dive centre) is equipped with full first aid kits and emergency oxygen – whilst we hope we never need to use it, it’s important to us that our team are well prepared and well trained in dealing with emergencies. You can rest assured that your children will be well looked after when learning with us.
We also understand that parents want to spend time with their children and share in creating memories together. If you are already a certified diving parent you’ll be able to join in on some elements of your children’s program and if you are not yet certified you’ll be able to learn together with us!
Check out what one diving family had to say about us:
“Outstanding Dive-school, also for kids!”
Five star review on TripAdvisor by: Sander V
Our three teens (10-14 yrs) did their PADI Open Water at Mermaids. The Diving Instructors were really good at levelling with their interest and skills. They made them feel safe and guided them with humour. The organisation acted very professional, personal and dedicated.
As a family we made several dives after their course. We as parents are at PADI advanced experience level and Mermaids made sure that we all got the best diving experience possible.
So are you ready to give your family the gift of scuba diving? To find out more information about our programs for children and families, or to make a reservation, contact us and we’ll get right back to you.
We look forward to diving in Pattaya with you soon!